Friday, July 10, 2015

Crippled Wings

A Letter to My Friends

To my dearest friends, hi.
I'm not quite sure whether you'll all be able to read this
Or if you'll still remember me when you do
But there are a couple of things I could never tell you myself

I may not remember everything
But I remember the times that count
Those beautiful memories of us laughing at the silliest things
And crying at the saddest things

You all
As cliche as this sounds
Helped me so much

You let me fly

These wings of mine were crippled once
They could handle the weight I carried
The weight that fell upon my shoulders like buildings

I wished that I could touch the sky
And run my hands through the clouds

I wished I could swoop down and see my reflection in bodies of water
I wished I could take you up there with my and enjoy the view

I couldn't

But you fixed me
You healed me

You let me fly

These once crippled wings of mine could now take me so high
And I would love to bring you up here with me

I can breathe now
Breathe so easily

I don't know what I've done to deserve your kindness
I don't know what I've done to deserve your time
I don't know what I've done to deserve you

But thank you so much
You have no idea how happy you've made me
How much you've changed my life

You all mean the world to me

Thank you
I love you

With love,
me.

No comments:

Post a Comment